If you’re a business owner, there may be many reasons why you might want to scale back your involvement. Whether you plan to sell your company or simply take less of a day-to-day role, it’s clearly very important that you handle the transition sensibly.
Planning your exit strategy is an important exercise that can deliver important benefits for you and anyone who remains in the business. As such, it entails making a number of big decisions, and these are best made on the basis of solid information.
At Jones Harris, we can help you devise an exit strategy that suits your needs and one that generates the best results for all concerned. We’ll talk to you at the outset to agree the most practical way forward, and – using all our years of experience – we’ll work with you to set out a clear plan.
Some common exit strategies include:
- Continuing to own the business but introducing new senior management
- Transferring the business to a family member or into a trust
- Inviting a management buy-out
- Selling via a public offering
- Selling the business on the open market
- Liquidating the business and gaining revenue from the sale of assets
By planning your exit strategy carefully, you can do a lot to maximise the value of your shareholding or to see your company realise its best possible market price.
At Jones Harris, we can:
- Help you to define your exit strategy and what you want from it
- Advise you about how best to prepare and present your business for sale / transfer
- Identify any issues that ought to be addressed before any sale / transfer
- Help you understand the personal financial implications
- Provide active support in the transition of control from you to another
- Provide the appropriate due diligence support
- Produce management accounts and an accurate valuation
- Advise on the best time(s) for sale / transfer
- Provide full tax planning support
For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.
- A personal, dedicated contact
- Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
- Free, unlimited telephone / email support
- Proactive tax advice and analysis
- Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
- A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
- Active business network introductions
- Secure client web-space for document sharing
- No need to email important/sensitive data